Google+

Saturday 4 October 2014

„We won’t mention the War“ - You already did

Holy Guacamole! It’s already four months since I left Germany and moved to Britain. During my adjustment and settle-in time, I was shaken up on a regular basis by questions lovely English people asked me. It’s a pretty sad list. But at least they are interested, right?
Here are my top ten questions:

1. Who did you support in the War?

2. What do you eat?

3. Was Hitler gay?

4. Do you have seagulls in Germany?

5. Have you learnt English since you’re here?

6. Do you know what happened to Coventry?

7. Do you have a lot of immigrant benefit-scroungers in Germany like here?

8. Do you know what bestiality is?

9. Do you shave your armpits?

10. Do you mind the War being mentioned?

Ah, fun times. Fun times. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment