Google+

Saturday 13 October 2012

Set my anger free


I have to come back to the link about the London tube that I told you about a few weeks ago. The London public transport system is seriously annoying me and stressing my patience towards other passengers. They don’t move. They just don’t. In a crowded overground, underground or bus, they don’t move when someone wants to get out. Even the people waiting at the platform and wanting to get in are not moving (but still minding the gap) and let people out. Even though this would give them space in the train to get inside. But if you, for example, want to get through a crowded pub, there is no problem. Sentences between the communicators A and B, A and C, A and D, D and C, and A and A look like this:
A: Sorry, I need to get to the other side. Sorry.
B: Sorry, yes sure, sorry.

A: Sorry, can I get to the bar? Sorry. Thanks.
C: Sorry. Yeah, Sorry, sorry.

A: Sorry, sorry.
D: Sorry, crowded, eh? Sorry.

D: Oh sorry, excuse me, sorry.
C: Sorry that I’m in your way and you had to trample on my foot and spilt your drink on it. Sorry.

A: Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.
A: Sorry. Sorry. (This was a soliloquy)

It can be more aggressive the later the evening gets (I think that’s one reason for the early closing of pubs).

But when it comes to being a club (a dance club I mean, not the snobby old men clubs): no conversations (heard of posh silent clubs though). People in your way are enemies. Not worth saying anything. Just dance them off the stage. With your long hair. Twirl it right in the face of others. Or your shoes. Oh, that’s what high-heels are for. Hurt them all. Slop your Red Bull over me. You know I don’t like that.

I think this phenomenon lies deep in the cultural behaviour and expectations of the nation. Behave well at work, at Sunday Roasts and the first years of marriage. But when you party, tell a joke and use the public transport, use these occasions as an outlet for all your suppressed emotions.

For myself, wife beater doesn’t make me angry. I just like the name. (But I don’t like domestic abuse)

No comments:

Post a Comment